What topics will we cover?
This MOOC provides an overview of how static, dynamic and interactive technologies are impacting teaching and learning practice. We will explore and share resources and learning materials including practical guidelines and case studies. Topics include: the transformative power of photos, mind maps, comics, infographics and data visualization; how educators use video and animation and why it works; game-based learning, augmented reality, virtual and mixed reality; and synchronous video communication and holography. Webinars with guest tutors, will be available each week.
- The transformative power of static images
- Dynamic visuals: films/video and animation
- Interactive tools- part A: Game-based learning, Augmented reality, VR, Mixed reality
- Interactive tools part B: Video conferencing and holographic teleportation
- The role of visuals for online identity
- Weekly Webinars with academics